Brain Sensei’s Complete PMP® Exam Prep Course and Complete CAPM® Exam Prep Course added two unique modules to align with the PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition and the Agile Practice Guide.
As an online course innovator in helping our clients prepare for the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential and Certified Associated in Project Management (CAPM)® credential, Brain Sensei is the first and only PMI Registered Education Provider (REP) to use the story of a samurai in ancient Japan to teach project management concepts.
Aligned with our tradition of leading edge innovation, we are also the first training provider to include two important topics as part of our updated Complete PMP® Exam Prep Course (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition): Project Management for Sponsors and Stakeholders, and Agile Practice Guide.
Here are the list of updates from the PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition to the Sixth Edition. The general concepts of process groups and knowledge areas stayed the same.
Two New Modules
- Project Management for Sponsors and Stakeholders
- Agile Practice Guide
Three New Processes
- Manage Project Knowledge as part of Project Integration Management
- Control Resources as part of Project Resource Management
- Implement Risk Responses as part of Project Risk Management
Renamed Two Knowledge Areas
- Project Time Management to Project Schedule Management
- Project Human Resource Management to Project Resource Management
Renamed, Moved and Removed Processes
- Perform Quality Assurance process to Manage Quality
- Plan Human Resource Management to Plan Resource Management
- Acquire Project Team to Acquire Resources
- Develop Project Team to Develop Team
- Manage Project Team to Manage Team
- Control Communications to Monitor Communications
- Control Risks to Monitor Risks
- Control Stakeholder Engagement to Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
- Estimate Activity Resources from Project Time Management to Project Resource Management knowledge area
- Close Procurements
Sign-up for a 7-day free trial! Try the first two modules of Brain Sensei’s story-based PMP and CAPM Exam Prep courses and a mini practice exam and see how it all works
Sign-up for a 7-day free trial!
Try the first two modules of Brain Sensei’s story-based PMP and CAPM Exam Prep courses and a mini practice exam and see how it all works
The PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition and Agile Practice Guide are valuable resources for project managers seeking to enhance their project management capabilities. These guides provide a holistic approach to project management by combining traditional project management practices with agile methodologies. By leveraging the knowledge and insights from these guides, project managers can effectively navigate the complexities of modern project environments and deliver successful outcomes.
Have you led projects and are looking to earn a project management certification? You might be interested in learning about how lucrative this can be. Check out these articles.
No experience leading projects but still want to get into project management? No problem! Check out these articles.