PMP Training Course Online
Are you a project manager interested in furthering your career by taking a PMP training course and passing the PMP exam? Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute is an internationally recognized designation that can give you a leg up in the job market. If you pass the exam and obtain the certification, you show potential employers that you have the knowledge to properly plan, implement and manage a project.
The PMP credential is not the only project management credential you can obtain. However, the PMP is unique because it is not specific to one country. There are certified project managers in virtually every region of the world and this certification is widely recognized by a multitude of employers. This means that PMP-credentialed individuals are not limited when it comes to their careers and can work in a variety of nations and industries.
Obtaining the PMP certification is also valuable because it can boost your earning potential. PMI’s Power Salary Survey found that those with a certification earn salaries that average 20% higher than those without. Besides higher salaries, obtaining the certification can be helpful when switching careers or applying for a promotion within your current company.
PMP Exam Requirements
You must meet specific requirements before you are eligible to take the exam. If you have a bachelor’s degree, you need to have three years of experience in a project management-related area. You also need to provide specific details on your exam application showing you have at least 4,500 hours of experience leading or contributing to projects.
If you do not have an undergraduate degree, the hours needed are a bit higher. You need at least five years of project management experience or a total of 7,500 hours leading or contributing to projects. You also need to complete 35 hours of project management courses. Most PMP training courses, including Brain Sensei’s course, count toward this requirement.
If you meet the requirements, you need to submit a formal application to take the exam. It is estimated that approximately 5% of applications are flagged for auditing. If you are audited, you need to provide documentation that proves the validity of your education and your experience.
Once your application has been approved and you have received the certification by passing the exam, you must continue earning 60 professional development units every three years to keep the certification active. You can earn development units by participating in approved continuing education courses.
Taking PMP Training Courses Online
All of Brain Sensei’s PMP training can be completed entirely online from the comfort of your home office. While some may question whether online courses are as valuable as in-person learning, there are many advantages to enrolling in an online course:
- More effective learning than in traditional courses: A research study completed by IBM found that students learn five times more from online courses that use interactive content than from in-person courses. Because online courses allow students to control how and when they learn, they are able to study at a speed that is optimal for their own learning needs. You can work faster if you already have experience in a certain area, or you can spend more time on unfamiliar content. Studying at your own pace allows you to take in and retain more information.
- More convenient: If you are like many professionals, you may be delaying enrolling in a face-to-face prep course because of the time it will require. From commuting to and from campus to sitting through long classroom lectures, the time commitment is significant. Online learning environments are much more flexible and require less of a time investment. You don’t have to commute to and from school and you can complete study materials on your schedule.
- More frequent assessments: One of the great things about online learning is that most courses feature regular assessments so you can track your learning. Taking quizzes on a consistent basis allows you to gauge your learning level and identify any subject areas you need to study more. In fact, a Harvard study showed that student retention of course content is improved by taking short, regular tests.
- More environmentally friendly: Online is not only better for your own studies, but it is also better for the environment. Online learning means no commuting long distances for classes and study sessions. This means you are driving less and therefore consuming less energy and releasing fewer harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
- Encouraging self-discipline: Studying online typically requires more self-disciple than a traditional course because you spend much of your time on your own and you do not have an in-person instructor holding you accountable. Succeeding in an online PMP exam course teaches you self-motivation and time management skills, traits that make you stand out in the workplace.
- Consistent support: You may think you are on your own mastering the material when you take an online course. However, online courses like Brain Sensei’s PMP training class offer consistent support. If you have a question, you can simply email the administrator of the course and you will usually receive an answer within just a few hours. Administrators are also likely to provide a more complete explanation than they would in person because they have enough time to carefully craft their replies. Having a written record of questions and answers is very helpful when taking self-assessments or making study flashcards.
Proctored PMP Exam Online
The PMI recently announced that students can now take the PMP exam online through webcam proctoring. The application process, the eligibility requirements and the exam content remain the same. Taking Brain Sensei’s online training course is effective preparation as the proctored test can now be taken online as well.
PMP Training Course and Certification Costs
If you are an active PMI member, the cost to take the exam is $405. You do not have to be a PMI member to take the test, though, and the cost to register for the exam is $555 for non-members. If you want to become a PMI member, the cost is $129 per year, plus a $10 application fee. There may also be additional membership fees if you choose to join a local PMI chapter.
The cost to enroll in a PMP prep course varies greatly depending on many factors including the format and duration. Courses range in price from a few hundred to several thousand dollars. In-person courses tend to be more expensive because they require more resources to implement and carry out. Online courses tend to be the most affordable option. However, this does not mean that online courses are less effective than in-person courses. In fact, online courses are proven to be more effective in many instances.
Brain Sensei’s PMP Training Online
The cost to enroll in Brain Sensei’s Complete PMP Exam Prep Course for six months is $499.99. The course is based on the principles outlined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. The PMBOK Guide is published by PMI and outlines the processes, best practices and guidelines that are accepted as standards within the project management industry. Below are the main project management principles that are covered in the PMP training online class:
- Procurement management
- Integration management
- Cost management
- Schedule management
- Resource management
- Communication management
- Scope management
- Quality management
- Risk management
- Stakeholder management
Brain Sensei’s PMP Training Content
All of Brain Sensei’s PMP course training modules include interactive content designed to keep you engaged. Interactive content such as self-assessments is found to be more effective than passive materials. This online course offers high-quality PMP training online content including:
- 8 effective learning modules
- Summary of key knowledge points
- 4 comprehensive practice exams
- Storyline challenges
Our self-assessments are designed to help you track your progress, so you know where your learning stands and which subject areas you need to focus on. You can revisit modules and take the assessments as many times as you want.
The practice exams offered in our courses are designed to mimic the real exam questions. This ensures you become familiar with the types of questions asked on the exam so you can feel comfortable on test day.
Our PMP exam training course comes with a 100% pass guarantee. If you fail the exam on your first or second attempt, you get 3 months of additional access to our course content for free. If you don’t pass the exam on your third attempt, we will refund your money.
Our PMP exam also comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with the course for any reason, simply send us an email within 7 days of your purchase and we will refund the cost of your initial purchase.
Enroll in Brain Sensei’s PMP Training Online Course Today
If you are serious about taking your project management career to the next level, passing the PMP examination is a great place to start. Prepare for the exam by enrolling in Brain Sensei’s PMP online training course. Our course comes with an entire library of materials that are fun, interactive and designed to prepare you to pass the test on your first attempt. Visit our website today to learn more about our courses and our teaching methodologies.