If you are planning on sitting for the CAPM exam, refining your study skills and developing a systematic plan for preparing for this examination is essential. In this article, we will explore some of the best training courses for the CAPM exam that offer flexibility, engagement, and overall success.
Who should try for their CAPM?
If you are working towards a successful career in project management, it is important to consider applying for the CAPM exam. Luckily, this exam can be prepared for in either an online setting or in-person with a live instructor. This blog will answer all of the questions related to preparing for this examination to ensure you pass on the first try.
The PMI institute is a world-renowned organization dedicated to helping project management professionals succeed. The PMP exam is their flagship certification, and the most popular credential students go after.
By embarking on a career and project management, you are setting yourself up for success in a variety of ways. For example, it is estimated that 15.7 million new project management roles have been created. Thus, there are plenty of opportunities out there just waiting for your expertise!
What are the requirements?
In order to enroll in your CAPM training course, it is vital to understand the prerequisites required before beginning. If you are considering setting for this exam, you will need:
- An associates degree or equivalent degree, or a secondary degree or high school diploma
- 23 hours of CAPM course completion
So, if you are a recent graduate, you will be able to take the C a PM exam without having any prior experience. Likewise, you can enroll in online CAPM training if you have under three years of total experience.
By completing the CAPM training program, you will be able to complete the 23 hours of required project management experience/education. The CAPM course will guide you on how to best prepare for the exam, so you can pass on your first try. This online course focuses heavily on practice questions and practice tests. Enrolling in an online course is one of the most flexible options available to you. Let’s take a deeper dive into why this option is so attractive for potential candidates.
What does a quality training look like?
If you are looking to complete your CAPM training while simultaneously working full-time or completing school, this is entirely possible. Enrolling in an online course will help you juggle your personal and professional lives without getting burnt out. The online CAPM training offer is a flexible learning style for students who are wearing multiple hats.
Online course options:
There are three different options available to you in order to complete the CAP training course.
- You can complete a C a PM Boot Camp, which helps you earn 23 hours of project management education within a few days. However, it is crucial to be on the lookout for organizations that combine test prep with other PMP students.
- You can enroll in online CAPM training. This online learning option can be alive or in the form of a pre-recorded video.
- Some organizations offer a virtual session that is led by an individual instructor. If you are someone who requires a more hands-on learning approach, this can be an excellent option for you to consider!
What is the best course to take?
If you want to collaborate in person, Having a live instructor in a classroom setting might be the best option for your learning style. For more traditional learners, this is the best option.
If you want to learn project management competencies on your own time, CAPM courses that are offered online might be the best fit for your lifestyle. This is especially true if you are a full-time student or employee, as commuting and travel can add an extra layer of stress to your study routine. Not only that, but this option is significantly less expensive, so if you are trying to improve your knowledge on a budget, this is an excellent perk.
How do I identify a quality course?
- Do your own research and investigate exactly what the course provides.
- Understand if the instructor will be available outside normal classroom hours to answer any questions you have about the materials. For example, some instructors will provide office hours for individuals in need of extra help.
- Ensure that the CAPM online training that you choose will help you answer real-world project management questions. It is essential to ensure that the study materials are up-to-date and relevant, so they can help you pass your exam.
- Explore the possibility of purchasing a package deal. Bundles are typically available for project management students who are hoping to get the most out of their studies. Some online courses will offer extra resources such as practice tests, videos, cheat cheats, formula sheets, and topic-specific questions.
- Ensure that the CAPM training you enroll in offers a study guide that you can use as a source of truth during your preparation journey.
One of the most crucial resources you should invest in is the Project Management Body of Knowledge book. This book includes topics and practice scenarios to help you better prepare to pass the exam.
Steps to getting certified
If you are hoping to earn your CAPM certification online, there are a few key steps you need to know:
First and foremost, you will need to complete an online application at the project management Institute website. After you have completed this, you will get a response to your application in the form of rejection or approval. Next, you will be prompted to pay $225 if you are a member or $300 if you are a nonmember. You can also explore the student bundle if you are looking for an even better deal. This bundle costs $257 and includes both the membership and exam fees. Typically, the membership cost alone will run you $139.
You will need to submit your application documentation if you are chosen for a randomized audit. You will get a response from the PMI within 4 to 5 days of submitting documentation for the audit. Next, you will be able to schedule your exam. In the meantime, it is recommended that you continue your study plan as usual.
The benefits of earning your C ATM certification are endless! Here are just a few of the perks you will enjoy upon completion:
- Understanding of common competencies in the world of project management
- Better starting salary in the field
- More recognition of your skills and experiences
- More opportunities for growth and promotion
CAPM online training is an excellent solution for anybody looking to advance their career while simultaneously enjoying learning flexibility.