PMP certificate holders are in demand more than ever before in Doha, Qatar. Throughout a variety of industries and companies, project managers are utilized to improve the chances of securing the bid as well as to timely and cost effectively complete projects.
From Information Technology to manufacturing, Project Management is one of the most consistently growing professions. Holding a Project Management Professional certificate from PMI gives you an edge over the competition. It can garner you better jobs, better projects, and better pay.
PMI, Project Management Institute is the world leader in PMP certification. The professionals within PMI hold the standards high to achieve the PMP certificate as well as maintaining that certification.
PMP gains a project manager, on average, 20% more in salary immediately. Many industries report up to an additional 20% increase within the first year. Companies understand that their projects are more likely to be completed on time, within budget, and hold the quality standards that customers desire if their projects are managed by PMP certificate holders.
There are still jobs that don’t require a PMP to become a project manager, but you are more likely to get the job you desire if you hold one. In Doha, Qatar, with the amount of industry, manufacturing, computer technology, energy, and healthcare positions, the ability to give yourself an advantage over your competitors is essential.
Preparing for PMP Certification Doha, Qatar
The first step before finding the right choice in training for you in Doha, Qatar is to make sure you meet the other requirements to apply for your PMP certificate.
PMP Experience Requirement
In order to be eligible to sit for the PMP exam, you must have project management experience. PMI expects four-year diploma holders to have at least three years of project management experience (this is equivalent to 4,500 hours). If you do not have a four-year diploma or equivalent, PMI expects you to have at least five years of project management (this is equivalent to 7,500 hours)
Note that, project management experience does not mean that you must have managed a project as a project manager. Project management experience can be working in projects as a project engineer, analyst, team member, team leader etc.
PMP Education Requirement
This is where the training comes in. As long as you satisfy the PMP experience requirement, you can obtain the 35 contact hours of project management education by either attending a PMP course online or opting for PMP classroom training.
The 35 hours doesn’t expire but the providers generally only offer additional support for a year after completion.
Once you have received your certificate of completion, you can submit your application to take your exam.
Things to look for in PMP training in Doha, Qatar
When researching the various options in Doha, Qatar we took into consideration the following:
- The expertise of the Instructors
- PMI recognition
- Feedback and Testimonials and
- Pricing .
If you come across choices we haven’t listed, take the time to research the instructors. Talk to colleagues, past students, even your employer, to see what courses they may recommend.
A PMP bootcamp provider should:
- Satisfy the minimum 35 contact hours
- Provide structured content and material
- Provide a Certificate of Completion
- Provide real-life examples to sample questions and answers
- Have positive feedback through students, PMI, employers, and reviews
- Provide you with the options necessary to take and complete the course in the manner which best suits you
Contact Hours shouldn’t be confused with Continuing Education Requirements, or Professional Development Units (PDU) that are required for renewal. These contact hours are for learning the knowledge areas and processes of becoming a Professional Project Manager, passing the exam to do so, and receiving that coveted “star.”
Recommended PMP Training Options in Doha, Qatar
This is a list of organizations that provide Professional Project Management Training for PMP certificates. They follow the Project Management Body of Knowledge and center the learning around the 10 knowledge areas and 5 Process Groups.
Training Options in Doha, Qatar
More and more we find ourselves in a virtual world. Not only do working project managers need options outside of in person classroom training, but companies are more likely to provide the training for you if it can be accomplished online.
Self Paced PMP Training
Self paced project management focused training allows you to work at your own pace, when you can and where you can. Most courses provide learning modules, knowledge assessments, customer service, and sample test questions and answers. The pricing is generally reasonable and these courses will provide you with the 35 contact hours required. These courses are ideal for individuals that are currently working and cannot take time off to sit in a classroom, in person or virtually. They are flexible and allow you to work within your budget, time and money.
Virtual PMP Classroom Training
Evenings and/or Weekends Format:
Live instructors provide coursework in a virtual classroom setting. The courses are often scheduled in evenings or weekends. They can last for several weeks or over the course of a few months. They have attendance requirements. If you cannot attend or are late you may need to repeat the course as well as the cost for the course. Depending on the scheduling, evenings and weekends, you may benefit more if you learn best when there is more structure.
Live instructors also provide the training in Boot camps and can be provided in virtual classroom settings. Boot camps are generally 3-5 days of intense training. The courses range from 8-12 hours per day and you must be in attendance for each session. These courses are ideal if offered by a company, or if you are able to take the 3-5 days away from your current projects. The concentrated study may work best for individuals whose learning styles are best when they become engrossed in the coursework.
Live Instructor In Class PMP Training
In person training with a live instructor in a classroom setting is often difficult to find. If you are considering this form of training remember that the courses often have attendance requirements. They can be offered as boot camps, or over the course of several weeks or months. The other consideration is travel time. Individuals who are currently employed may find it difficult to schedule the time to attend.
#1 PMP Training Doha, Qatar – Brain Sensei
Pricing: $499.99 USD
The most flexible and affordable way to get training for the PMP in Vancouver is with the Brain Sensei platform.
Students often consider the Brain Sensei the best project management PMP training course provider as it has a 99.6% Exam Pass Rate, a full year of access to its self-paced courses, a community support group on Facebook, speedy student support, a unique story-based approach and much more.
Brain Sensei continually works to enhance the learning experience, recently adding an UNLIMITED Exam Simulator to help with PMP Exam Prep, creating a different exam each time with dynamically generated questions from their bank of 1,500 realistic exam questions. The UNLIMITED Exam Simulator comes included with their live virtual instructor and self-paced courses, but is also available as a standalone solution. Just be aware that purchasing the PMP exam simulator as a standalone won’t earn you your required 35 hours of project management education nor qualify you for the 100% pass guarantee (the Brain Sensei PMP exam prep courses will do both).
Flexibility is pivotal to learning and their 1 year of access to the PMP exam prep self-paced course gives you more than enough flexibility to fit studying for the PMP exam into a busy schedule. Want to finish your PMP exam prep faster? Check out their live virtual instructor PMP exam prep course. It’s available as a 5-day bootcamp or evenings and weekends.
The Brain Sensei PMP Exam Prep Complete Courses are up-to-date for the latest exam and PMBOK Guide and include both adaptive (agile and hybrid) and predictive (traditional/waterfall) project management practices to help students prepare for the current exam.
The cost of the self-paced PMP exam prep course is $499.99 USD and the cost of the live virtual instructor PMP exam prep course is $1,199 USD (which includes the self-paced course and simulator). Both courses provide everything you need to pass the current PMP exam and come with a 100% pass guarantee. The PMP Exam Simulator is $119 USD. It’s hard to go wrong with Brain Sensei’s offering. Learn more about the Brain Sensei PMP Exam Prep Courses here.
Keep in mind, Brain Sensei also has a unique and proven story-based approach to PMP exam prep which sets them apart from other organizations. Studies have shown that students focus and retain more when the material is entertaining. Therefore, by harnessing the power of entertainment, Brain Sensei’s courses tap into this psychological tool – making learning fun and effective.
While this approach may sound unusual to some in the education industry, it likely sounds strategic to those who have put these methods into practice. Give it some thought, if you were to be challenged to recall facts and figures, or the plot of a movie, which would you be more confident in retaining? Brain Sensei uses the mind’s enjoyment of storytelling to explain, and drive home all project management concepts that are taught to Brain Sensei students.
Want more details? By using the story of a Samurai in feudal Japan, Brain Sensei is able to paint a colorful visual for students. If you’ve been reading a lot about the PMP exam, you’ve likely learned that much of the study material can be described as difficult and tedious. The material includes a great many terms and definitions, but is often lacking in conceptual examples. This is where the story of the Samurai comes in, not only are concepts introduced and explained, but they are brought to life with examples, helping students to better grasp, and retain the full concept.
#2 PMP Training Doha – Ministry of Municipality and Environment Training (MMTI)
PMP Certification Doha is available as an Executive Education and Continuing Professional Development Center in Doha.
They specialize in working with project management professionals to provide them with training in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Management and Information technology. This allows students to achieve their career goals through certification in their respective field.
MMTI also offers a variety of in Project Management, Finance and Accounting, Project Management Tools, Programming Courses, Information Technology, Language, Soft skills and Microsoft Courses.
Project Managers can prepare for certification for their PMP, CAPM, and their PMI-RMP through focused training courses.
Project Management Professional (PMP) Course:
The program is 40 Hrs in total and classes are on Fridays only. Coursework begins at 9 am and ends at 2 pm. Individuals who are currently working in the field may find these hours difficult to work complete if they are unable to schedule the time off for the 8 weeks of Fridays that the course demands. The course fee is 450 BHD.
You will be provided with:
- A certificate of completion
- 35 Hrs of PDUS
- Study material
- Unlimited mock tests
You will be responsible for purchasing your own PMBOK guide.
Besides, it conducts courses on Project Management Tools which are:
- Primavera P6
- Microsoft Project
Address: 58, Zone 54, Street no 752, Aspire Zone, Rayyan, AR Aziziya, Doha, Qatar
#3 PMP Training Doha – Excellence Training Centre
The largest and most widely recommended PMP certification center in Doha is the Excellence Training Centre. They prepare you for your journey in project management by providing you with a diploma in Applied Accountancy, Professional accounting course, Professional marketing qualifications, Arts and Design course, Health and Safety Training, Information Technology and Certified Faculty Manager.
In conjunction with their partner, Watershed Management Consulting, they also conduct PMP Certificate exam preparation courses. Watershed Management is a registered education partner with Project Management Institute (PMI).
Coursework is conducted on weekday evenings, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday- 3 hours for 4 weeks from 6 pm to 9 pm and on Friday evening every week for 8 Fridays- 4.5 Hours in a day from 2.30 pm to 7 pm.
The cost of this course is QAR 2000.
They provide you with:
- 36 contact hours and course completion certificate
- Soft copy of brief notes
- Printouts of notes and lecture slides
- Several practice questions within the training program.
You will be responsible for purchasing your own PMBOK guide.
For an additional cost they will provide you with:
- RITA’s latest edition book, for QAR 400, and/or
- Exam Preparation software (X-am simulator), at a cost of QAR 550, which includes 5 full PMP mock exams.
Total cost of PMP focused training along with RITA book and Mock exam will cost you QAR 2950.
They do offer a satisfaction/money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied after the first 3 hours of training, they will refund the entire cost.
#4 PMP Training Doha – Watershed Management Consulting
This PMP Certification Doha option is a training and consulting organization who provides services in Leadership Management, Project Management, and Risk Management.
They are the key service provider for all project management services which includes the Project Management Office (PMO) Setup, Tools, models, and methodology. Besides, they are the single point for solutions from industry leading business houses.
This training organization provides both corporate and classroom style training in following:
- Project management Professional (PMP)
- Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
- Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
- Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Project Management Tool: Primavera P6
- Contract Management
Project Management Professional (PMP)
This course is conducted on weekday and weekend batches. It runs as per the following schedule:
- Friday Evening – For 8 Fridays, it runs every week for 4.5 Hrs a day from 2.30 pm to 7 pm
- Weekday Evening- For 4 weeks, it runs on Sun, Mon and Wed from 6-9 pm
This schedule is not comfortable for professionals. The reason is that it is not convenient for them to take leave on working days to attend training.
The course fee is QAR 2000 and after a discounted price, it is QAR 1800. It is not a cheaper option as compared to online training where one can learn at their own pace.
Deliverables of this training are:
- 36 Contact hours or PDUS
- A Print copy of classroom slides and
- Mock exams in the class handbook.
The main benefit of this organization is that it offers interactive and discussion-based learning. Additionally, they provide a money back guarantee which means they will refund your money if you are not satisfied within the first 6 hours of classroom training. This money back guarantee is for the quality of course or training attended rather than the pass guarantee.
Furthermore, they offer the following material at an additional price of QAR 550 each:
- RITA Mulachy 9th Edition book
- Head First 4th edition
- Exam Prep software comprises of 5 Full exam
Watershed shared facility joint partner opposite to Al-Arabi Sports Club Building 114, Al Rayyah Street, Doha, Qatar.
#5 PMP Training Doha – Green International Consulting and Training
This PMP Certification Doha option is a professional project management and construction management services firm.
It offers project management consulting for:
- The construction industry, management training course, resources and tools to corporate and business clients.
Regarding project management, it offers training as mentioned below:
- Project Management Professional (PMP): This program provides 35 PDUs and duration is 40 Hours. Although it is conducted on Sat-Mon-Wed from 7 pm to 10 pm, it is not suitable for working professionals. Also, they have to spare time after office work which is quite hectic. Moreover, they have to reach the venue to attend classroom training which is not convenient as compared to online mode.
- Certified Associate Project Management (CAPM): This course provides 23 PDUs and duration is 40 Hours
- Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP): This course provides 30 PDUs and duration is 30 Hours
- Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP): This course provides 35 PDUs and duration is 40 hours
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP): This course duration is 21 hours
- Program Management Professional (PgMP): This course duration is 40 hours
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP): This course duration is 22 hours
Other courses offered are:
- Planning and Scheduling Course
- Financial Accounting Course
- Engineer Registration
- Contract Management
- BIM Training
#6 PMP Training Doha – Invensis Learning
This PMP Certification Doha training option is a leading training and professional development solutions provider.
It offers training in:
- Project management, IT service management, Project Management, Quality Management, DevOps, Agile Projects, IT Security and Governance, Cloud and Soft skills.
It offers 4 training modes in PMP certification which are:
- Instructor-led classroom training: This is 4-day classroom training priced at USD1045. It runs on the weekends from 10 am to 6 pm which gives the benefit of face to face but doesn’t offer flexibility to learn at your own pace.
- Instructor-led online training: This is also similar to classroom training. It is a 4-day instructor-led online training priced at USD1045. It also runs on weekends and the timings are 10 am to 6 pm as one has to be available as per instructor availability.
- Onsite Group Training and Focused one to one training are done on a request basis.
They don’t provide a PMBOK Guide. However, one takeaway from this training is the PMP study guide prepared by SMEs and 35 PDU, which is a prerequisite to appear for the exam.
#7 PMP Training Doha – Qatar University
This is another PMP Certification Doha option and it is the only govt university in Qatar located in Doha. Its center of continuing education offers following programs:
- Certified Management accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Heart Saver First Aid
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor- QMS
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor- Environmental Management System
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Cisco Certification Program
As far as project management is concerned, it offers the course as:
- PMP Preparation Course: The price is QAR 300. Moreover, it runs 3 days a week for 3 hours a day on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. The timings are 5 pm to 8 pm and it provides 40 PDU. It is not convenient for working professionals as it is on weekdays, so they need to give up work. If they are busy professionals, this might not be a good choice for them.
Address: Ibn Khaldoon Hall, Doha, Qatar
#8 PMP Training Doha – Excelledia Quality Consulting
This PMP Certification Doha training provider is a leading business improvement and management consulting firm.
They are in ISO management systems, Management and Leadership, Food Safety, Health, Safety and Environment, Business Process Improvement and Strategy Building.
In Project Management, they offer a 5 day classroom course which has the benefit of interaction with the trainer. But one has to make available as per classroom timing is difficult for a working person. It runs for 7 hrs a day.
Deliverables are 35 hours, which is a mandatory requirement along with 500+ Questions and a mock test.
Address: Office 4, 2nd Floor, Building 702, Al Muntazah Trading Centre, Doha, Qatar 206170
#9 PMP Training Doha – Knowledge Hut
This is a PMP Certification Doha training provider which provides training in:
- Project Management, Agile Methodology, Data Science, Dev Ops, Big Data, Business Management, and Cloud Computing.
Regarding Project management, it offers the following courses:
- PMP Certification
- CAPM Certification
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- PfMP Certification
- Microsoft Project 2013
- Fundamentals of Program Management
- Project Risk Management
- Fundamentals of Earned Value Management
- Project Planning and Monitoring
PMP Certification course:
It offers 3 flexible modes of learning i.e Classroom, instructor-led and e-learning.
- Classroom training is priced at USD 749. It runs on weekdays from 9 am to 6 pm. This is face to face class which has maximum benefits of learning directly. But it is not convenient for professionals as they have to take leave from office in order to attend training on weekdays
- Instructor-led virtual training is priced at USD 899. It runs on weekdays from 5 pm to 9 pm which is not suitable for professionals. They have to put extra hours to attend training after office hours so it will be more hectic.
- e-learning mode is available for 180 days priced at USD 399.
The advantage of this training is the 100% exam pass guarantee. It states that they will refund your money if you don’t pass after 2 attempts.
Deliverables of training are:
- 35 PDU
- 6 Full-length mock tests featuring 1200 practice questions
- 4 Hrs of PMP exam preparation support.
#10 PMP Training Doha – New Horizons Training Center
This is a PMP Certification Doha training provider which offers training for:
- Technical and business applications, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Center for Leadership and Development, Microsoft technical, Business Courses, ITIL and Six Sigma.
They also offer various introductory courses in Project management which are:
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Project Management Essentials
- Introduction to Agile Project Management
- Certified Associate in Project Management
- Project Management Professional
This training organization offers various learning modes like:
- Instructor-led training,
- Online live and
- Onsite training
Instructor-led training is a 5-day classroom training and the timings are 11 am to 7:30 pm or 9 am to 5:30 pm. The course fee is USD 2995 which is quite costly as compared to online learning options which are available at cheaper price.
Address: Salwa Road, Al Waab City Building, Doha
Taking the Exam
Once your course is about to be completed, begin your application with PMI. PMI randomly audits the applications and may ask for additional information to verify that you have met all of the requirements prior to sitting for the exam.
You can find the center closest to you by checking the PMI website. Make sure to leave yourself enough time for additional study if you require it. Join Facebook groups or study groups. Make and utilize flashcards and sample questions and answers.
As stated before, many of the companies above offer exam simulators. Brain Sensei’s exam simulator is up to date with the latest questions and answers to get you fully prepared.
Once you have completed your exam you are a Project Management Professional.
Many of the companies above can also provide you with additional learning opportunities to keep your certificate up to date. Every three years you will be required to submit 60 Professional Development Units (PDU) to Project Management Institute.
One easy way to get this going is to join PMI. You will have the ability to join local chapters within Doha, or wherever you happen to be, networking, mentoring, and continually learning.
Courses vary in prices. Most companies listed in this article provide the pricing information on their websites, but may have discounts, scholarships, and other cost saving features, so contacting them may be your best option.
Check with your company to see if you are eligible for reimbursement or if they might be willing to sponsor training. PMP certification is as valuable to them as it is to you.